What is considered Personal Injury?
When an individual suffers a personal injury, it is one caused by someone else’s failure to act responsible. Oftentimes you will hear the word negligence associated with personal injury, which is not the reasonable or expected behavior outlined by the law. Negligence is the legal word for fault.
The life of an individual can be disrupted after suffering a personal injury. Injuries can result in ongoing sessions of physical therapy and may require time off from work to recover. Personal injury prevents many people from going about their daily lives as they have before and can at times cause emotional damages in addition to the physical injuries.
Types of Personal Injury
While many people attribute car accident injuries to the bulk of personal injury claims, there are a variety of situations that are involved in this area of the law. Below we have listed the types of accidents that would fall within the personal injury category.
- Vehicle accidents – If you are in a car, truck, or riding on a motorcycle, an accident can result in serious or fatal injuries. Our law office has extensive experience with vehicle accident claims, having helped countless victims seek compensation to cover their medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Dog bites – Many people do not realize how serious a dog bite can be, causing permanent emotional and physical damage to those who have been attacked or bitten. A dog bite has the potential to cause scarring and disfigurement that remains with the victim, resulting in an emotional trauma that can affect them for the rest of their lives.
- Slip and fall injuries – If you slip and fall on someone else’s property, there is a potential to suffer injury. Our law office handles these cases by investigating the scene of the accident and helping the individual to receive compensation for their injuries, whether the claim is against a single party or entity.
- Workplace accident – Many workers have been injured while on the job due to defective equipment or machinery. Our attorneys help these individuals to receive compensation from the third party responsible for the accident.
- Medical negligence claims – If you are injured through the fault of a medical provider or medical device, it would be considered a form of medical negligence. Our law office helps victims of medical negligence to file claims against the appropriate individual or entity.
- Mesothelioma – Mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer who’s only known cause is asbestos exposure. Contrada & Associates is the only law office in Northwest Ohio to process mesothelioma claims, helping victims and their families with the legal process.
Northwest Ohio Personal Injury Attorney
If you have suffered an injury from any of the above accidents, it is important for you to contact a personal injury attorney. There are several factors that affect personal injury claims, making it imperative for you to have a professional working on your behalf to ensure that you are following the right steps toward a settlement.
To find a personal injury attorney in northwest Ohio, call Charlie Contrada at 419.841.4000. With over 35 years of experience handling personal injury cases, he can help you to file a claim after your accident, allowing you to ultimately receive compensation for your injuries. You can also fill out the contact form on the Contrada & Associates website explaining your accident and injury, and attorney Contrada will contact you to review the legal options that you have.