Sharing Information with Your Personal Injury Lawyer
After being involved in a car accident, there are many confusing and overwhelming things that must be dealt with, including the legal side of your accident (property damages, injuries, etc.).
Some people don’t believe that there should be compensation for something that is considered to be an accident. However, the injury is defined as an “injury that was caused by the fault of another.”
The personal injury lawyers at Contrada & Associates have handled thousands of car accident cases. The clients that we have represented have sustained a variety of injuries from car accidents. Through our experience handling such cases, we would like to share the list of things that every car accident victim should share with their lawyer.
Communicating with your Personal Injury Lawyer
Once you contact a personal injury lawyer following your car accident, be sure to bring the following information with you.
- Copy of the Police Accident Report, or ask the lawyer if they’re able to retrieve
- Photos taken at the scene of the accident
- Contact information (phone number, name, business car, etc.) of others involved/present at the scene (driver, witness, injured passenger, etc.), if available.
- List of medical professionals/doctors visited following the accident, Follow-Up Care Sheet from the hospital
- Photos of injuries following the accident
- Medical bills received following accident
- Name of claim adjuster, claim number, phone number
Contacting a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you have been involved in a car accident, contacting a personal injury lawyer sooner rather than later will make the legal process much easier. A personal injury lawyer with experience handling car accident cases similar to yours can help guide you through the legal process.
To speak to a personal injury lawyer about your car accident, call Contrada & Associates at 419.841.4400. When calling our office, you are able to speak directly with a lawyer about your car accident and the legal options that you have. You will also enjoy personal attention and face-to-face meetings with your lawyer throughout the entire legal process.