Finding answers on Ohio motorcycle driver license rules
New to motorcycling, new to Ohio or just don’t know where to find the info you need on the Ohio motorcycle driver license? Here are all the details you might be searching for about your Ohio motorcycle driver’s license and ID Card (DL-ID) compiled by motorcycle accident attorneys Contrada and Associates.
Driver License Application Details
The Ohio BMV (Bureau of Motor Vehicles) has information on:
- Definitions of a Motorcycle/Motor Scooter license or endorsement
- Definition of a TIPIC card (Temporary Instruction Permit Identification Card)
- How to prepare for a TIPIC test
- How to find a driver exam station (where you will take your knowledge test, vision screening and begin the temporary permit process).
Driver License Test Details
Ready for the motorcycle driver license test? Find out the differences between the skills test and other requirements for Over Age 18 and Under Age 18 applicants.
- Over 18 applicants: The motorcycle or motor scooter skills test is waived for applicants who have completed a Motorcycle Ohio course within 60 days of applying for a motorcycle or motor scooter license or endorsement.
- Under 18 applicants: Learn about probationary driver license requirements and approved driving schools.
Do you have additional questions? Try social media. Go to the Ohio BMV Facebook page to ask not only the BMV but other motorcycle owners in Ohio.
Facts about Motorcycle Accidents
In Ohio, all motorcycle riders under 18 are required to wear a helmet, as are riders with a “novice license.” However, helmets are only 37% effective for drivers and 41% effective for passengers in preventing fatal injuries. In 2011, 4,612 motorcyclists were killed, while 81,000 were injured nationwide. The risk is high for riders, and it’s vital that you go to an experienced and dedicated law firm to represent you if you are involved in a motorcycle accident.
Get in touch with a team of veteran motorcycle accident attorneys today! If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Northwest Ohio, call Contrada & Associates at 419.841.4400 or contact us online to set up a free consultation about your case.