Legal Assistance with Car Accidents in Ohio
5 things you should do if you are in an accident
- Collect information: The first thing you should automatically do is call the police. Then, get as much information about the other driver as possible.
- Get medical treatment: If you feel any symptoms after your accident, seek treatment immediately. You do not want to give the insurance company any doubts over the cause of the injuries.
- Document damages: A representative of the other person’s insurance company will want to physically look at your vehicle before they authorize repairs or write you a property damage check for those repairs.
- Don’t speak with the other insurance company about injuries: You certainly want to speak with the other driver’s insurance company about the damage to your car however, you have no obligation to discuss the accident or discuss your injuries with the insurance company.
- Retain a lawyer: Your best interest is always protected and they can help you navigate the very confusing process of filing a claim and are dedicated to getting you the best results possible
Helping clients recover what they have lost
If you have been involved in a car accident in the Toledo, Ohio, area, you need the help of an experienced attorney who can fight for your compensation and recovery. At the law offices of Contrada & Associates, we represent car accident victims throughout Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan in cases involving serious injuries and wrongful death. We help determine who is at fault for your pain and go after the guilty party so you can get the results you deserve.
What not to do if you’re involved in an accident
If you have been injured in an accident, don’t sign or say anything. Insurance companies will pressure you to settle your claim and to make statements they will use against you. Don’t do it! Hospitals and medical providers may pressure you to assign your rights to them. Don’t do it! You may have continuing medical treatment as a result of your injuries, and we can help you get the justice you need. Don’t give automobile insurance information to any medical provider. Don’t do it!
How we establish fault
At Contrada & Associates, we take a detailed and comprehensive approach to establishing your case if you sustain injuries in a rear-end collision or other type of accident. Our lawyers are experienced in accident reconstruction and locating witnesses. We have extensive knowledge and resources to establish the cause of an accident even if there were no witnesses. Whether you were involved in an accident with another car, a motorcycle or a truck, our firm can help you recover damages.
Common accident types
Every car accident case we take on has its own unique set of circumstances, and at Contrada & Associates, we have the resources to handle a range of accidents, including:
Texting while driving cases
In recent years, car accidents caused by texting while driving have become a national epidemic. In 2011 alone, texting while driving caused 23 percent of all accidents nationwide — 1.3 million crashes. In Ohio, it is illegal to text while driving, and if you are caught, it could lead to a hefty fine. However, people still do it, and it causes countless car and trucking accidents every week, especially on highways like I-80, I-90 and I-75. At Contrada & Associates, we use the resources available to us to vigorously go after the distracted driver who caused your accident.
If you or a loved one was a victim of a car accident in Ohio, let Contrada & Associates help you
Call the Toledo-area office of Contrada & Associates at 419.841.4400 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced car accident attorneys. We offer hospital and home consultations if you cannot make it to our office.