Medical Malpractice and Doctor Negligence
Medical Malpractice and Doctor Negligence in Ohio
Recent changes in medical malpractice laws have made medical malpractice cases more challenging to settle successfully and litigate. At Contrada & Associates in Sylvania, Ohio, we still see the need to represent clients who have suffered due to the negligence of a medical professional.
Holding doctors accountable
No matter what the new laws state, doctors need to be held accountable if they are not living up to professional standards of health care. A delayed diagnosis, surgical or medical treatment that falls below the standard of care, or failure to inform a patient of procedural risks could result in death or a more debilitating course of care.
Types of medical malpractice cases
At Contrada & Associates, our Toledo attorneys have represented clients harmed while in the supposedly safe confines of a hospital or while under a doctor’s care:
- A nurse can neglect to respond to a call or can administer the wrong medication.
- Clients have come to us after suffering a back injury and even a broken back while being treated by a chiropractor due to that chiropractor’s mistake.
- We successfully have represented clients who have been injured in surgery when the surgeon’s performance falls below the standard of care.
- Dentists have committed errors that resulted in nerve damage.
- Birth injuries and birth trauma can be termed malpractice when your doctor or medical team does not perform up to the standard of care.
- Nursing home professionals and owners who engage in abuse or neglect of a resident, or betray the trust of family members may be liable for their negligence.
Working hard to represent you
When the performance of a doctor, dentist, nurse, or hospital falls below the professional standard of care and an injury results, there may be cause for a medical malpractice claim. Proving your case is an extensive, complex process, and the attorneys at Contrada & Associates have the experience to help. Our medical-legal team can provide the investigation and expert review you need. We have experience in successfully settling medical malpractice cases as well as at trial or in mediation. Medical professionals need to be held accountable if they have been negligent and caused serious personal injury. While the laws make it harder for people to recover damages, we understand the current legal environment and aggressively will pursue your case to ensure you receive the damages you deserve and the medical professional is held accountable.
Compassionate and caring representation for you and your family
For more information or to schedule an appointment to discuss a medical malpractice injury you suffered at the hands of a doctor, dentist, or nursing home staff member, please call us at 419.841.4400 or 866.841.4400 or click here to contact us online.